Core DAppNode Packages versions

• wifi.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.4
  • dappmanager.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.35, commit: cbd7cbcf
  • core.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.39
  • vpn.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.7, commit: 12ae223f
  • ipfs.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.11
  • bind.dnp.dappnode.eth: 0.2.6

System info

• docker version: Docker version 18.09.8-ce, build 0dd43dd87fd530113bf44c9bba9ad8b20ce4637f
  • docker compose version: docker-compose version 1.25.5, build unknown
  • platform: linux, x64, 4.19.0-8-amd64
  • Disk usage: 30%

Relevant packages:

• Prysm Medalla Beacon Chain Version: 1.0.11 (v1.0.0-beta.2 upstream)
  • Medalla Validator (Version: 1.0.15 (Prysm: v1.0.0-beta.2, Lighthouse: v0.3.3 upstream))

I am concerned about my low block proposal success rate in Medalla and whether it suggests I shouldn’t stake on ETH2 mainnet. I’d like to perform a check through the various network systems that might be affecting my validator’s performance but don’t have the technical expertise to know what I’m looking for.

Beaconcha.in shows 97% attestation effectiveness, and yet I’ve missed 16 of 24 block proposal opportunities, including during periods before and after the Medalla network was failing to finalize.

My machine had been periodically showing 99% CPU and memory usage during the time I’ve been running the validator package, but those numbers have come way down after I deleted the Eth2Stats Client package two days ago. I’ll keep monitoring to see whether freeing those resources improves my attestation performance, but I missed the next attestation opportunity after deleting that package so I’m concerned that wasn’t the source of the problem. Other DappNode packages appear to be working well - my full Geth node has stayed in sync during the time my attestation rate been poor.

I’m wondering whether there might be problems lurking outside my DappNode and how I might uncover them.

I’m in the US, with an Xfinity 300Mbps ISP plan, Netgear C7800 cable modem/WIFI router, which is connected directly via Ethernet cable to my DappNode Xtreme.

I don’t have technical experience troubleshooting network performance issues and I’m wondering if anyone can recommend a checklist or guide to evaluate my network environment, or even to figure out what questions I need to get answers to. For instance, should I be concerned about my ISP throttling my uploads or downloads and if so, how would I investigate whether that’s happening?

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi @vrortvedt, and welcome to our Community Forum!! :handshake: :partying_face:

It looks that this could be related to eth2stats package. It somehow seems to get unstable occasionally, resulting in a high consume of CPU and memory.

Things we can do:

1. You can have a look at the amount of resources it takes if you follow this steps:
  • Download and install Dms package from the DAppStore. Dms is a system monitor very useful to diagnose how the DAppNode is behaving.
  • Go to DMS > Graphana > DAppNode Monitor or you can open this link
  1. We are evaluating if a Graphana Dashboard view could work and replace the eth2stats functionality.

Let us know if readings on your DMS dashboard show problems with eth2stats, or if deleting it helps.

That’s exactly why we are after a solution (in case the purpose of point 2 of the above list is not clear) :smile:

Thanks for including this in your report, it will appear as a result in the forum search tool and it may help other DAppNode users in the USA.

Thanks @ruvenni. I’ve experienced much better performance stats since deleting Eth2Stats. I’ve been using the Grafana dashboard to monitor performance - here are the last 12 hours:

(I could only add a single screen cap per post - showing the top two thirds of Grafana)

Anything seem notable to you from this screencap?

Over the past 12 hours both my validators have had 100% attestation success, though neither has had the opportunity to propose a block in the past couple of days.

Bottom third of my Grafana dash:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.