Install and running a node js server on a DAppNode Box

I am interested in purchasing a DAppNode Box. My use case is as follows:

I want to run my own Ethereum 1, Polygon or Binance Smart Chain node and run my own Node.js application next to it that connects to the blockchain node using a websocket connection, preferably on the DAppNode Box itself. I would also like to run a Node.js server on it, to which I should be able to connect from outside. Basically I want to run my own Dapp / server on the DAppNode Box.

Can the DAppNode Box be used as a regular linux server, where you can login through ssh, have root/sudo access, install packages using apt and run custom systemd units? Or is access to the underlying OS somehow restricted?

I was also wondering if the hardware of the DAppNodeMax or DAppNodeExtreme is sufficient for running multiple blockchain nodes next to each other? Does anybody have any experience with that?

Can the DAppNode Box be used as a regular linux server, where you can login through ssh, have root/sudo access, install packages using apt and run custom systemd units? Or is access to the underlying OS somehow restricted?

Absolutely.

I was also wondering if the hardware of the DAppNodeMax or DAppNodeExtreme is sufficient for running multiple blockchain nodes next to each other? Does anybody have any experience with that?

Just depend on which blockchains you’re running (I’m not running Polygon or BSC). You’ll better and faster support on the discord.

Thanks for the reply, I will consider getting one!

1 Like